Second Skin Audio

HELP, QUICK

/b/ro

When in doubt, blame the amp. Is it possible the amp had a problem? I mean I would doubt that a monoblock amp would suck electively choose the subwoofer that's right next to the terminal to be its 'next victim', but possibilities are possibilities. And I'm as open minded as Kurt Cobain.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anythings possible. Maybe your amp was jealous of the new sub and wanted to show its superiority 😂. Might be worth opening up to see if anything looks or smells burnt inside 'er

Just now, Joshdashef said:

I think the most likely is it was just a lemon sub. 

Your box in your truck still or inside? Some pics of that might help, ones showing the interior / mounting depth. It's possible the sub could have been suffocated and couldn't breath / dissipate the heat.

The subs were in the back of an 01 silverado extended cab. There was plenty of room and the subs were firing up. There was plenty of room to breathe. Not to mention the fact that the motor was at the mouth of the port. The port has a good five or six in a breathing room as well. I feel that I did a good job on the box, and it's placement. I would show you a photo but I can't really do it. The requirements for the image limit are too low. I can't send any good quality pictures unless you want 240p lol. Or extreme close-ups. Do you have Kik, SnapChat, or Insta? If you don't you can p.m. me your number. I can send you photos and videos.

1 minute ago, Joshdashef said:

Anythings possible. Maybe your amp was jealous of the new sub and wanted to show its superiority " src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/3.1/png/64/1f602.png">. Might be worth opening up to see if anything looks or smells burnt inside 'er

My subwoofer coil got "Blacked" hahahahahhaha 😂

4 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

Anythings possible. Maybe your amp was jealous of the new sub and wanted to show its superiority 😂. Might be worth opening up to see if anything looks or smells burnt inside 'er

And it smells horrible. Almost like burning hair. Trust me, never go smelling he magnet holes after you blow a sub.

Yeah I have insta actually. If you ever want to upload photos on this site you kinda need another site to host them. I use tumblr to host mine then copy the image url and paste - works like a charm.

Instas: joshdashef1

I meant smelling the amps insides, but I can only imagine how bad that blown one must smell. 

Not saying your craftsmanship is faulty with the box I am just curious what the inside of the box looks like, how much room is behind the subwoofer before the box wall and how deep the baffle goes on the basket. From my knowledge if you have too deep a basket you can suffocate some basket designs from air flow and not having enough distance between the rear of a sub and the wall of a box can cause issues.

1 minute ago, Joshdashef said:

I meant smelling the amps insides, but I can only imagine how bad that blown one must smell. 

Not saying your craftsmanship is faulty with the box I am just curious what the inside of the box looks like, how much room is behind the subwoofer before the box wall and how deep the baffle goes on the basket. From my knowledge if you have too deep a basket you can suffocate some basket designs from air flow and not having enough distance between the rear of a sub and the wall of a box can cause issues.

I have around 2 and 1/2 in from the back of the magnet to the port wall, but that's on two of the subs that were on the other side and are perfectly fine. This sub has over 8 inches. Like me. That's definitely not a problem. Check your Instagram I sent you a few photos.

Archived