Second Skin Audio

HELP, QUICK

/b/ro

That amps junk to begin with guaranteed it doesn’t do 2000 rms I’ve dealt with quantum audio in a few budget builds I did... it possibly it was clipping  to hell and and back and the first sub got the most of it that’s why it blew and the others seem fine you did say you turned it off right after right.. can’t remember and unwinding of coil means it got way to hot 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

That amps junk to begin with guaranteed it doesn’t do 2000 rms I’ve dealt with quantum audio in a few budget builds I did... it possibly it was clipping  to hell and and back and the first sub got the most of it that’s why it blew and the others seem fine you did say you turned it off right after right.. can’t remember and unwinding of coil means it got way to hot 

Oh it did get hot. As soon as I took the sub out smoke was coming from the motor. I did hear distortion on one song that that's the reason I turned it off right after I heard the distortion. But it was because of the song. I had it on a random playlist and one of the songs was one of those crappy bass boosts. Some little five year old that doesn't know what they're doing on a computer and thinks that just increasing dB makes everything good.

I don’t play much bass boosted songs not even sure if I have my folder of them anymore. It sucks when you loose a sub. Loosing one sub and not others can happen watch a few YouTube videos you will see it happen 

hello im kinda new to the car audio stuff but doing an install on my 98 honda civic dx i have two rockford fosgate t1 15" subs going to use a rockford fosgate t 20001bd amp to power them and a p400x4 for the mids and highs i have a stock alternator and battery that im planning on changing out but just curious on what size fuses i should use for this set up any help would be greatly appreciated 

Archived