Sign in to follow this  
lovetoslam69

need help with amp in protect mode

Hi, I'm installing 1 Rockford Fosgate p2 12 which I'm running with a Rockford Fosgate 500x1d wired to 2 ohms. When my bass hits my amp goes into protection mode. I rewired the sub to the box, made sure the ground was good. I'm totally lost on what to check next, any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Edited by lovetoslam69

Do you have a multimeter? check the resistance of the pos/neg speaker wires with them disconnected from the amplifier and verify they are indeed 2 ohms if you are lower than that the amp will go into protect, as it is only 2 ohm stable.

I have used the prime 500 amp and have never had problems, even bought another for my dads bronco. 

Any pics of the install would help also

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

My Daily 8th gen Civic Coupe

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/211131-honda-civic-coupe-08-2k-daily-headaches/ (Build Log)

Gear (specifics on build log)

Pioneer 80 PRS / RF P600x4 / DC 2k / Mechman 240 A / XS D3400 + D5100R / Two SA-12(D4) / RF T2 Components / Sky High Wiring (OFC)

~3.6 Cubed Net / 34 Hz Tuned / Center Port

check the voltage when the bass hits . low voltage can also trigger that .

and then make sure the grounds and positives are good 

Edited by Infektid

How you check the ohm mine was fluctuating when disconnected. 2 12 dual 1 ohm wired to 1 ohm if I remember or 2 ohm was reading last check like 1.35 ohms

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2: