Second Skin Audio

Will a 2400 watt rms subwoofer shake my car?

Audio877

Depends buddy. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret...... it's all about the enclosure. That being said if all you have ever ran is like kicker and Sony and pioneer and stuff then yes you are moving up into a whole new world .

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

If you can put 2250 RMS to 2  15s it'll be loud in the right enclosure. Getting 2250 of actual RMS clamped is the part most people new to car audio don't quite understand. For you to clamp 2200+ watts @ 1ohm you'll more than likely need a good 5000 watt RMS amplifier. 

9ft³ for what subs? You're not giving us much to work with. Enclose sizes aren't like snap back hats... One sz fits most. You need to know what drivers you plan to use, optimal port area, firing direction, port orientation, power, etc etc. 

While shaking your car is fun when you first get into larger subs. After you progress into it more you'll find out that any flex you have is just db's being lost. i'd focus on a more balanced system. Buy a single larger sub, take time to make a nice ported enclosure.And spend time bracing and sound deadning your ride. not only will bracing and sound deadning your ride makeyou louder but it will always help reduce hearing any rattling when playing music. Wich makes it easier to hear the music your playing. Rattling doesn't sound good, i know being heard far away is impressive to some, but rattlling isn't. I used to want to make coins dance ontop of my roof when i was first starting out, now i'm trying to be braced and sound deadned so well that a coil won't move when i'm full tilting. the latter is alot harder 🙂 

Save up, take your time, and know there isn't a rush to enjoy your passion. Everytime you hear someone who's loud, or is louder than you, know that where you are now is better than where you were before. that's how i see it, it's not a competition with anyone else, only with yourself. 

Can we stop recommending amps that are way too much for people?

OP if you build a good enclosure that combo will be enough to shake what you want in your car. Just a heads up, try not to bump hard while riding through neighborhoods. It draws attention and you can out yourself at risk for thief's and annoying your neighbors. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was planning on running two Soundqubed hds3 15s, but maybe one 18 with half the power would be a better bet for a more balanced system. Crazy bass and shaking is appealing to me now, but I'm sure later on once I realize that I can't hear the words anymore I would rather have a more balanced system. 

2 hours ago, corey0928 said:

Can we stop recommending amps that are way too much for people?

OP if you build a good enclosure that combo will be enough to shake what you want in your car. Just a heads up, try not to bump hard while riding through neighborhoods. It draws attention and you can out yourself at risk for thief's and annoying your neighbors. 

Op said he wanted loud. Who recommended too much? Seems to me recommending a 5k to give him 2250+ watts @1ohm  is rt on par with what anyone looking for that kind of power would need. I know I'm only clamping 4k out of 8k worth of Korean amps. 

Archived