Sundown Audio

Best sub amps around $200 - $300 range?

voxigenboy

I have an old Rockford Fosgate Punch amp I've had nearly 20 years now. It powers a couple of Kicker CompVR 12" subs. It's been working fine until recently, if I keep the audio volume up around half way everything still works just fine. Although if I turn up the volume, the subs then start to die out until I lower the volume again. I'll check the wiring, but considering the age of the amp I feel it's time to replace it regardless.

What is something good that will power those speakers just fine? Does Rockford Fosgate still have anything good? I've heard good things about Hifonics also.

thank you!

If it were me, I would just go back with a Rockford prime series. Hifonics is so so. They have a line every once in a while that will do rated but most of them don't so I would just steer clear of them.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Im an idiot you said amps. whoops. I mean... I say go Brazilian all day long. The "typical" name brands like RF sell great amps but you pay WAY more for the watts you're getting. Brazilian will get you the most watts for your buck. Soundigital is the best Brazilian amp but you could get a nice taramps in your price range!

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

The subs I have are rated at 800/400 and I know for sure the old Rockford doesn't even push that much. That Kicker CX1200.1 looks like it'd push them to their full potential. Going to look a little bit more right now though. thanks!

Prime 750 is a nice budget amp. But at this price point I’d say look for amps on sale. Best Buy did have those kickers on sale for really cheap like DiBo pointed out

Skar audio RP line is priced good and it’s what I run in my 2 smaller systems . Never had any issues heard they get hot but that’s probably cause of abuse. I would recommend them for a budget amp.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived