Second Skin Audio

Single SA-10, Ported enclosure.

DawsJGC

Just seeing this bro, apologies. At work so just giving a quick reply. Noticed you changed the depth from 13.5" to 14.25"? The only thing with the RE calculator is that the "net volume" it calculates would include the subwoofer displacement & any internal bracing used etc. since they don't as you to enter it. You'd need to take the 1.25 ft^3 you decided on & add 0.1 ft^3 for the sub displacement for the very least. The net volume you are looking to get on the calculator is 1.35 ft^3. Different programs use different formulas to cater for different things & that would cause the small fluctuations in values as well.

Yes, I changed to 14.25 deep to come up with the 1.36 hand calculated which leaves 1.26 after sub displacement.  I put the same dimensions in the RE Calc and it gives 1.5. There's definitely some discrepancy somewhere, just trying to find it... 

My plan is 24x13.5Hx14.25 deep. 12x2 port, 2nd port wall along the back stopping 2" short of the end wall. Gives total port length of 34.75" (counting the "turn" at the port opening, adds about 1.75")... 

What does that look like in Torres?  I calculated that at 1.36ft @ 35ish

Archived