Box build question

One thing to keep in mind is Alpine significantly undersizes their port area, depending on how much power you are running this can cost you a lot of output. If you let us know how much power you will be running we can give you better advice. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

One thing to keep in mind is Alpine significantly undersizes their port area, depending on how much power you are running this can cost you a lot of output. If you let us know how much power you will be running we can give you better advice. 

1000w rms on a Rockford fosgate p1000.1bd

1 hour ago, W3BL4Z3D4NK said:

How are you calculating all of this? Direct math or a box building calc?

Torres box calculator. I've found the tuning on Torres a tad off btw. That 37 is probably more like 38.5+/-. Seems to be around 1.5hz high. Power does come into play as triticum pointed out. Matter of fact it's a pretty major factor. 

11 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Torres box calculator. I've found the tuning on Torres a tad off btw. That 37 is probably more like 38.5+/-. Seems to be around 1.5hz high. Power does come into play as triticum pointed out. Matter of fact it's a pretty major factor. 

So given the specs what's the length I need to achieve 35hz?

13 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Here's where im getting my length. 16x15x16 equals 1.731 before woofer so 1.631 and aimed at 35hz its showing 25.51 as the length with the width at 1.63 and height at 13.75

Screenshot_20190323-175505_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Have you cut material? I can do a quick design that'll put you rt where you want to be with specs. A little bigger port area and enclosure volume wouldn't be a bad thing either. 

Enclosure is cut and ready but port length isnt set in stone yet. I test fit the box in my trunk and it just barely fits so it can be made any bigger on the enclosure volume size.

1 hour ago, DiBo said:

Airport will need to be around 32 in total length to be anywhere near 35hz. Keep in mind your overall net volume will decrease as your port length gets longer. 

Should put you rt around 2.48ft³  @ 35.22hz

Well I haven't cut the face for the port slot yet so what if I make the port 32" long at 1.25" in the back to 2.5" shared instead? Should put me at roughly 35hz if the length is 24 right? Should increase the volume to by slimming down port displacement. Am I right? Basically I have the box cut but no slot for port or holes for subs so I can make the port whatever is needed to get optimized tuning (at 35hz) and internal volume. Lmk guys. Thank btw for all the replying so far.

1 minute ago, W3BL4Z3D4NK said:

Well I haven't cut the face for the port slot yet so what if I make the port 32" long at 1.25" in the back to 2.5" shared instead? Should put me at roughly 35hz if the length is 24 right? Should increase the volume to by slimming down port displacement. Am I right? Basically I have the box cut but no slot for port or holes for subs so I can make the port whatever is needed to get optimized tuning (at 35hz) and internal volume. Lmk guys. Thank btw for all the replying so far.

Btw that's the exact calculation tool I've been looking for. CTSounds took it down and I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks! 👍

Screenshot_20190323-200720_Gallery.jpg

Archived