Skar audio Zvx 12 dual enclosure

So what improvements do you think your going make deviating from factory recommendations ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm not sure exactly, but going with factory recommendations didn't exactly work out for a single enclosure. Everything was tuned right and the sub was bottoming out (running rms power) at a volume well below clipping on my head unit. So far both shops and friends that I've had look at it have all said that the problem is the box is too big. The volume was 3.8 cubic feet taking into account the .65 cubic foot port displacement and the .15 woofer displacement and tuned to 34hz like their website recommended. 

Edited by Justtrillin77

Not just the enclosure, but most likely amplifier power. Running recommend ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

@mfdoom7 It was tuned with a dd1 so I'd assume it's not clipping. But I was running a skar rp2000 at 1 ohm and I had the gains set damn near all the way down. And now I'm running it at 4 so I'm Pushing around 800 watts out of it. I hooked up my friends skar rp1500 at 1 ohm, tuned it with the dd1 and ran into the same bottoming out issue even at rms.  

Edited by Justtrillin77

It’s a box issue can we see pics of the box.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery