Second Skin Audio

Best 10 inch subwoofer for the money?

ztb1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Zrafferty said:

Power acoustik gothics gw3-10 I run 4 in my build and I'm happy. Make sure they are broken in for suspension before blasting(blew 2 from blasting without beakin)

They retail for 75 with 1 year warranty 

What do you think needs broken in? the soft felxible surround and spider??

Blew 2 subs already?  Breaking ur subs in is a rumor.  Your amp gain all the way up?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I ended up going with a dayton ultimax 10 because i found one new open box for $130! it sounds much better than the jbl and now i can actually feel it in my chest. The specs ask for a 1.55-1.75 box but mine is only 1.4 cuft though

F996FFEC-A881-4515-9505-118DE57BB35B.jpeg

34 minutes ago, jroo said:

How does the dayton sound? I have looked at them, but some mention they sound can be dry. I guess they skew more to the SQ side than the bump sound. 

The sound is pretty clean and deep. It hits pretty hard for a single 10, better than my 4 previous subwoofers( rockford r1,p1,p3 and jbl stadium). I think the ultimax series is more for home theater uses and their reference series is for music.

• 9 months later...

@ztb1 did you get a good sub? Can you recommend me one?

how did you pick your sub? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic. I'm looking for a good sub for my ride and can't wrap my head around which would suit me best.

Do I need to spend over $1000 to get some decent sound? I've been reading the reviews all over the internet and I didn't get closer to finding a solution. Plus most reviews are hype. Blatant copy of manufacturer's features that's it. Now I've found a different site which writes more on our language. Still there are 10 subs on the page and it's hard to choose. This best budget car sub post is different. What I loved about the reviews were that he highlights many negatives. Best of all they are not watered down.

What are the most important things when you're looking for a sub? Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

I got 3 jbl p1224's for 225 plus 45 shipping 3" coil, triple slug motor

23hz - 450 hz frequency response, 94db efficiency, 

When we lost the subwoofers being produced we lost one of the top five musical subs in my humble opinion.it's a shame JBL isn't more popular because if they were these subs were sold and they would still be running this line

I had big plans for these as it took me almost two years to find in good condition 3 I have are pretty much brand new

This was the last good sub JBL made other than the MK2 GTI.

And make no mistake they sound fuckingawesome

Archived