Second Skin Audio

Transmission Line Enclosure help

Kinyo85

How much power are you going to be running?  Reducing the line area can often be beneficial.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Kinyo85 said:

I made the line area a bit smaller is this better or shuld i go with my first plan I will have to run a spacer for the sub to fit

Screenshot_2019-03-25 Dual Fold On-Axis Transmission Line Enclosure Calculator - DB DYNAMIX AUDIO(2).png

That should work well with the power you have on tap.  A couple things to keep in mind, your output is going to roll off once you get much below 40 Hz.  Also be sure to set your subsonic filter to around 30 Hz if you have one, otherwise you run the risk of damaging your sub.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

To get the enclosure to play lower you need to tune it lower/make the line longer.  If it were me I'd shoot for about a 32 Hz tuning.  

Builds:

4 hours ago, Kinyo85 said:

I would love to make the line longer but my max width is 31 inches is there a better sub suited to a t line  or should I build a ported box instead

If you don’t have the space to make the line longer I’d just build a ported box. 

Builds:

Archived