6 d7500s on DC9k

Ok, here we go again how many xs d7500s should I get to power a DC9k and 2 dc 175.4s. Getting 6 of them but that's 600 lbs lol... really the weight isnt a big deal i just dont want to torture my amps with too little juice. Bigest alt I can find is a 240 mecman. I know the alt runs the amps after the cars on but a 240 is my only option...or get a new vehicle lol

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9k at 1ohm?  I would think 4 would be fine, but with only a 240a alt, i guess more cant hurt.   

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I’ve been looking into getting lithium. From what I can tell it is cheaper to build your own but that comes with the inherent risks of us average joes building a battery pack with no experience. I’d rather stick to more expensive options that have been established already, outdated yes, but I’ve been on the gun towards 45 ah of eithier JY or limitless lithium. Just contacted JY and they said they were out of stock for 45 ah but I believe they have an 80 ah and they have options for 12/14/16 volt banks. Limitless might too haven’t checked. 

18 minutes ago, Sackcheese said:

May go lithium, will have an xs batery charger to top off and maintain them on the regular, just wondering if it will be enuff for the 9k and 2 DC 175.4s

That's a lot of power for a 240 alternator. In my opinion that most definitely is a dual alternator type of battery Bank and 11k amplifier setup. Your alternator will be extremely taxed imo. Go lithium. At least 125ah lithium. 

Would Caps help ? All lithium and caps bank ?? More expensive but could keep voltage high for short runs definitely not longer

Wish I could do more alts, I'd deff get even just one 370 mecman, but it's a nissan murano and just cannot fit anything larger than the 240 or 270 mecman. I have a large budget 20k for all equipment and install.  would 2 limitless lithium 100 amp hours be easier on the alt?

I got the suv because I had a kid and needed more room...also was to fit more subs in the back lol! Well come to find out the alt is buried behind all kind of shit and the biggest alternator I can get is at 240 or (if mecman still makes the 270) the 270. Needless to say I was very upset

Archived