6 d7500s on DC9k

Check out singer or us alts they might be able to get you one that can fit and is more 

I honestly wish I went with singer alts instead of Mechman. Both are great brands though

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sackcheese said:

Wish I could do more alts, I'd deff get even just one 370 mecman, but it's a nissan murano and just cannot fit anything larger than the 240 or 270 mecman. I have a large budget 20k for all equipment and install.  would 2 limitless lithium 100 amp hours be easier on the alt?

2x JY cased 80's and 3 banks of caps would be dope. Or 160ah of yinlong and caps... If you have large budget grab nice lithium and be done with it. Higher resting voltage and a nice 10c discharge. You're electrical will be stout AF. Try to fit that 270. Jmo

1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

Check out singer or us alts they might be able to get you one that can fit and is more 

I honestly wish I went with singer alts instead of Mechman. Both are great brands though

I like my Mechman 270 in my Maxima over my singer 320 in my navigator. 

12 hours ago, DiBo said:

I like my Mechman 270 in my Maxima over my singer 320 in my navigator. 

Since you have experience with both. Why is that ? I only have the mechman to go off of I’m curious 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:04 PM, Joshdashef said:

I’ve been looking into getting lithium. From what I can tell it is cheaper to build your own but that comes with the inherent risks of us average joes building a battery pack with no experience. I’d rather stick to more expensive options that have been established already, outdated yes, but I’ve been on the gun towards 45 ah of eithier JY or limitless lithium. Just contacted JY and they said they were out of stock for 45 ah but I believe they have an 80 ah and they have options for 12/14/16 volt banks. Limitless might too haven’t checked. 

JY has some new stuff coming if you can wait. The pricing on the new stuff is also better than the new.

19 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

Since you have experience with both. Why is that ? I only have the mechman to go off of I’m curious 

Simply because the Mechman in my Maxima has never given me any problems. When I burnt out my singer I had it repaired at alternator Depot here in Las Vegas and they had quite a lot to say about the internals in my singer. Off-the-shelf Chinese parts is what I was told. They told me they are familiar with Mechman alternators and Mechman uses better parts. Actually denso parts not knock off denso

Just now, Smoove said:

JY has some new stuff coming if you can wait. The pricing on the new stuff is also better than the new.

JY is casing lithium titanate oxide cells I heard. LTO. Lifepo4 is the old... Lithium titanium oxide is the new. 

6 hours ago, DiBo said:

Simply because the Mechman in my Maxima has never given me any problems. When I burnt out my singer I had it repaired at alternator Depot here in Las Vegas and they had quite a lot to say about the internals in my singer. Off-the-shelf Chinese parts is what I was told. They told me they are familiar with Mechman alternators and Mechman uses better parts. Actually denso parts not knock off denso

I've heard the opposite of mechman.  I guess it's just who you talk to.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived