Sundown Audio

Can't find an answer anywhere...

Leatherman34

I have a 2013 300C luxury series, and am going to replace all the factory speakers. As far as I can tell, there are 2 3.5's in the dash 2 6x9's in the front doors and 2 more 6x9's on the rear deck, and am thinking of adding a second pair of 3.5's in the rear also. Probably going to go with Rockford's for all of them, P1692's and P132's. Where I'm struggling, is amplification. I want to push them all pretty hard, which is easy for the 6x9s that's not so much of an issue, but the RMS for the 132's is only 40 watts. Should I even bother getting an amp for them, or just run them off the stock head unit?

That's a decision only you can make. Run it off the HU to start. If you dont like it or feel it is lacking, amplify them.

If you have a good hu then run the 132s off that. If you don’t like it then get a small amp. 6x9s should do you good with a good amp. 

For an amp I was looking at the zapco ST-4X SQ (but am open to suggestions). As for the stock head unit, is there a place I can look to find the output rating? Also, the local shop here siad it would be a couple hundred bucks to integrate the factory unit with aftermarket amps. To me, this sounded a little "suspect".

Archived