is this workable. subs require 3.4 cubes each

vehicle 2017 kia soul c pillar wall.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

For what's it's worth I just did an enclosure for a single 15 db drive wdx 5k and their recommended woofer specs were crap. I ended up redoing it and going with 3.5ft³ and 52in² port. First enclosure was 4.25ft³ and 62in² port area. Sub was reaching xmax way too easy in the bigger box with an Orion XTR 4000.1d. sounds good in the smaller enclosure. Very similar subwoofer to the Sundown U series. 

Well I just did a box for the wife I know pics or fail but cant upload pics.  for 2 - 10" wdx3ks built almost to spec and it slams.  

so guessing the 9.1^3 with 100" of port would be better.  The guy I am getting them from is a db drive dealer, and also on the team. and has 16 12s in his burban on 4 7500 DB drive amps knocking out 162+ daily.  

and he told me do it to spec but give it more port area and just tune it to 32-35htz.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

The only pics I took was to ask him if his speaker had this dent already and to show him I was almost done with the carpet. Was just a simple MDF enclosure so I didn't take many pics at all. the picture of the woofer in the black carpet was the prefab box he brought it to me in. I had some s*** fall off my shelf and knocked a small little dent into the sub. I made his 2nd enclosure for the price of material plus $25. I normally charge price of material + $100.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, DiBo said:

For what's it's worth I just did an enclosure for a single 15 db drive wdx 5k and their recommended woofer specs were crap. I ended up redoing it and going with 3.5ft³ and 52in² port. First enclosure was 4.25ft³ and 62in² port area. Sub was reaching xmax way too easy in the bigger box with an Orion XTR 4000.1d. sounds good in the smaller enclosure. Very similar subwoofer to the Sundown U series. 

Yeah... I agree... Db Drive... I'm not a fan

Archived