Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type X-W10D4

I'M LOOKING FOR SEALD PLANS FOR SQ!

Hey All, I was checking out the manual and specs of the type x w10 d4 sub  (Amp is Alpine PDX M12) and I'm a bit confused! it says internal NET meaning with the sub installed in the box max is 0.75. So that means the internal must me at 0.88sf without the sub? Also i'd need bracing right, so then it would have to be bigger?  anyone have any good plans to build this box?

Thanks

Marc

We’re talking less than 1 cubic foot sealed. I doubt you need any bracing. Use 3/4 inch or 1 inch and you’ll be fine. 

Get your max dimensions width x height x length 

account for the thickness of the wood and displacement of the sub and reach your desired .75 cubes net. Tons of website calculators to account for thickness of wood to find net volume then subtract your sub displacements. 

• 4 weeks later...

Before I purchase any sub, I listen to a lot of rock and was wondering if the Alpine X-W10D4 in a sealed box would be my best bet. I was also looking into 2 Morel Ultimo SC 104 (My Amp Alpine PDX M12), anyone has any experience in these or other subs? I was also reading online that 2 or 3 8" subs would be a great option also.

Cheers

Marc

Archived