Second Skin Audio

box design for (4) 15's help

dumbo1

I have a need for a box design for (4) 15's,  I have not decided which brand yet.  I have a 2017 Silverado crew cab.  I have 60" wide X 40" tall X 20" deep.  I will do sealed or ported if I have enough room for your design.  I thank you for any help or assistance.  I do not want a spl burp box, I want to listen to music daily.

I need to know what subwoofers you plan on using. You're basically asking for a wall design. I suggest 4 Sundown U 15's. I can design you a 14ft³ wall that would pound on music tuned to around 32-34hz. 200in² port and it'd put in work!! Another suggestion would be digital designs redline series or some nice Fi audio SQ subs. Maybe Sundowns new SA series they have coming also. 

60Wx38Hx20d 

Center Port 35Hx6Wx24

1.5" throughout ( 2x .75" material)

.40 driver displacement

14.33ft³ @31.80 hz

Bracing will slightly raise tuning a hair. Won't need much. Enclosure will be strong AF! A couple 1.5" dowel style braces will be sufficient. Good luck. If you don't like this size, tuning, or enclosure I can design something different. 3.5ft per sub will sound great with these. 

• 10 months later...

I am in the same position kinda. I want to have a box built or try to build one myself... with help of course. I have a 2017 Silverado  crew cab with the rear seats raised 3". I have 2 Alpine Type R R-W12D2 in it currently but I am killing my subs because I think the enclosure I have is too small... anyway, if anyone has help to offer I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to just bump... I want to slam! It anyone has some sub recommendations and can help with an enclosure that'd be great! I will have about 2I watts for each sub.... HELP! 

Archived