Sonic Electronix

Hi this is my first post. I have read many threads on this page but just never joined. Anyway, I will get to the point. I have a Alpine type r 12 that I am using in a 95 civic coupe. I have tried two different boxes and neither one sounds great. One was tuned to 38hz and was 1.8 before sub. It had good response, but didnt play low very well. Any recommendations would be great. I also have a new kicker L7 15 if that would play better. Just let me know what you guys think.

How much power are you running?  How low do you want to be able to play?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If the boxes you tried before were prefabs, its not uncommon for them to have very little port area, as well as being tuned high.  That would explain the poor low frequency performance you had.  

For a new box I'd suggest 2 cu ft net tuned to 32 Hz with no less than 30 sq in of port area.   

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Yes every box I have has is a prefab. I don't loaded a android app for boxes but I don't think it works completely.  I have an AE  KPVR12S and put the numbers in and it came back with goofy numbers. What do you think about the alpine r series 12 vs the kicker l7 15?

3 hours ago, Justynkace said:

Yes every box I have has is a prefab. I don't loaded a android app for boxes but I don't think it works completely.  I have an AE  KPVR12S and put the numbers in and it came back with goofy numbers. What do you think about the alpine r series 12 vs the kicker l7 15?

How much space do you have to work with?  My general philosophy is to use as much cone area as you can properly fit in the space you have available.  The L7 15 has a LOT more cone area than the Alpine 12, but it will need to be in a MUCH bigger box.

Builds:

Archived