Second Skin Audio

Fi Sp4 + on AAK 4k Daily Box Design Help

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

My traiLblazer is messed up to the point I don’t feel like getting it fixed .... so I need to get rid of it then find another project vehicle.. 

Damn sorry to hear that man hope the right project car comes your way

24 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

Sp4 not musical really? ..... first I’ve heard about this everyone else who I’ve talked to who ran them say they are.. not the sq of a q or havoc but still plenty musical... doesn’t matter I have awhile before I get back into building sad 😢 

Not musical is kinda misleading. Not intentionally tho. They sound good actually. Hit the higher frequencies nicely. Limited bandwidth would be a better way to phrase it. I don't have anything bad to say about fi audio or their subs. I just prefer a 3" coil well built driver to a 4" coil driver for music. Jmo. The ones I've heard have been in less than optimal enclosures as well so that statement should be recanted. 

29 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

Sp4 not musical really? ..... first I’ve heard about this everyone else who I’ve talked to who ran them say they are.. not the sq of a q or havoc but still plenty musical... doesn’t matter I have awhile before I get back into building sad 😢 

Not musical is kinda misleading. Not intentionally tho. They sound good actually. Hit the higher frequencies nicely. Limited bandwidth would be a better way to phrase it. I don't have anything bad to say about fi audio or their subs. I just prefer a 3" coil well built driver to a 4" coil driver for music. Jmo. The ones I've heard have been in less than optimal enclosures as well so that statement should be recanted.

6 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

My traiLblazer is messed up to the point I don’t feel like getting it fixed .... so I need to get rid of it then find another project vehicle.. 

Damn sorry to hear that man hope the right project car comes your way

3 hours ago, Smoove said:

chances are, on music you may not hear a difference between 28-32 unless you are digging for low 20's.
sound like you'd be happy 30hz with the SSF set at like 24hz.
I personally dont use my SSF, I just watch what I play, I usually just try to play 24 and up.

SSF should be set according to the crossover slope. Just below the tuning of the port for 12dB/oct and 1/2 octave below tuning for 24 dB/oct. 

My SSF on my Wolfram 4500 is turned all the way down.  I can consistently average 143dbs from 26-30hz...while not earth shattering, my SP4v2 can take what I give it without ever bottoming out...I’ve tried many times.  The SP4 is meant for them low lows and plays musically from rap to Decaf. 

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

8 hours ago, PaCiFiKbAllA said:

My SSF on my Wolfram 4500 is turned all the way down.  I can consistently average 143dbs from 26-30hz...while not earth shattering, my SP4v2 can take what I give it without ever bottoming out...I’ve tried many times.  The SP4 is meant for them low lows and plays musically from rap to Decaf. 

As much as I want to reach a 150 I’d rather have a daily where I can reach 40s at 30 hz instead. Hoping that’s what I can achieve ! 

8 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

As much as I want to reach a 150 I’d rather have a daily where I can reach 40s at 30 hz instead. Hoping that’s what I can achieve ! 

Go for it man! 👍

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived