Second Skin Audio

Fi Sp4 + on AAK 4k Daily Box Design Help

What's a subsonic filter?🙃

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kalilac619 said:

What's a subsonic filter?🙃

This as fuuuuuck.  ;)

Man, i LOVED my v1 sp4s. They sounded fucking great. Zero subsonic thingy. Was tuned around 31ish,  and could play anything. I did a direct swap with some AA teams, and prefered the sp4 sound. Liked the sp4s better for music, especially on the lower end. Wished, at the time, i woulda just kept the sp4s tbh. Teams net me zero on the meter, and like i said, the sp4s sounded better on the low end. It was that noticable to me, and my build crew. The teams sounded fine, but the sp4s, just melted the lows, and took about anything i could muster power wise. I miss that build. Sad face.

Run 4" coils in the big rig also, and its built to play long, and low. And, it does it pretty damn good ;)

(i didnt read, but , a little of the first post, forgive me for anything resaid, or outta the relm of the thread) 

Best of luck with the build OP. Go get it.... Cheers

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

This as fuuuuuck.  ;)

Man, i LOVED my v1 sp4s. They sounded fucking great. Zero subsonic thingy. Was tuned around 31ish,  and could play anything. I did a direct swap with some AA teams, and prefered the sp4 sound. Liked the sp4s better for music, especially on the lower end. Wished, at the time, i woulda just kept the sp4s tbh. Teams net me zero on the meter, and like i said, the sp4s sounded better on the low end. It was that noticable to me, and my build crew. The teams sounded fine, but the sp4s, just melted the lows, and took about anything i could muster power wise. I miss that build. Sad face.

Run 4" coils in the big rig also, and its built to play long, and low. And, it does it pretty damn good ;)

(i didnt read, but , a little of the first post, forgive me for anything resaid, or outta the relm of the thread) 

Best of luck with the build OP. Go get it.... Cheers

Thanks man, I'm hoping to make this the build that lasts me till I can get a project SUV and build a wall or something fun with some 18s or 15s. 

I keep hearing such great things about fi's sp4s that I am thrilled to try them out! Most likely going for a 30 Hz tuning but all depends on how much port I can fit. 

5 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

As much as I want to reach a 150 I’d rather have a daily where I can reach 40s at 30 hz instead. Hoping that’s what I can achieve ! 

I hit a 46-47 @ 31 hz. Lol. Team fi 15. Shit smashed low notes. 

Would a 28hz box be good for a 25 subsonic?  If we can’t tell the difference would 30hz box be better?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

On 4/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, Dragonsyph said:

Would a 28hz box be good for a 25 subsonic?  If we can’t tell the difference would 30hz box be better?

I’m really curious. Almost want to build two boxes to find out if 28hz or 30hz is better but then again it’s such a marginal difference

im going for the 30hz tune since it’s a nice middle ground between 28 and 32hz

also due to some recommendations I’m bumping the volume down to 3 or 3.5. Going to mess around in winisd and report back

Archived