Newb Mid-range distortion with bass

msturg

10 minutes ago, XSVTOYZ said:

I wonder since he says no bass

I got thinking whats the biggest cause of no bass in a system that should be bumping?

you triple checked the phase?  just askin the most basic question

It's because he has his Xover is crossed so high. The issue is that if he crosses any lower then he gets distortion. Why that is is the issue. 

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

14 hours ago, BassMunky said:

What the specs for the speaker. Post link

https://www.kicker.com/41QSS654

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

On 7/25/2019 at 2:01 AM, BassMunky said:

The 12 db roll-off each way will help the gap, also 1k is one of the easier frequencies the human ear picks up. So with a 12db roll-off from from Lp meeting 12db roll off from Hp, it will be actually -6db from 800hz-1khz.

I don't know about you, but our ears aren't computers, and this will sound just fine and dandy.

So it doesn't really need a flat or boosted tweak.

45 minutes ago, AaronT said:

The 12 db roll-off each way will help the gap, also 1k is one of the easier frequencies the human ear picks up. So with a 12db roll-off from from Lp meeting 12db roll off from Hp, it will be actually -6db from 800hz-1khz.

I don't know about you, but our ears aren't computers, and this will sound just fine and dandy.

So it doesn't really need a flat or boosted tweak.

90 is entirely to high (for my taste)  yes crossing at 800 with a 12db slope would work. But youd have to eq those middle frequencies or you'll have dips 

I just went crazy and set my mids (strictly for today’s competition) at 3500 htz down to 40 htz ... blends AMAZINGLY well with the tweets and sub !!! Just got to be careful what’s played today or else they will might be going to Ray’s for repair ... chasing those points !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived