Second Skin Audio

I'm dying here!

What  size speaker should i get to push 250-500hz? I have 500 and above covered with 6.5's. I got 20-80hz with a 15. Gonna get 12's for 80-250hz. I been looking at 8's but finding a decent one to fit my amp is difficult. Got a 1200 watt rms Zeus for it. 10's are better suited for the power,  but will they play the higher frequency well?  I really need to cover this frequency range. Should I just get a smaller amp to power 8's for this range, or will 10's do well? Atm I got 3k on my 15, 650 watts on my 6.5's, and 2k on the 12's. I haven't purchased the 12's yet. I'm wondering if I should do 10's for the 80-250hz range? 

I’m interested to see this got any pics so far of doors or anything ? 

Fi has some 7 inch speakers I hear they are killer but not sure if they would do what you are wanting I think they are called n.7 or something. Check their website at ficaraudio.com

• 3 weeks later...

The size of speaker has no relevance to the sound it puts out its all based on power frequency response if they are free air or in an enclosure etc. when you start mixing sizes the smaller speakers will cancel out the waves of the smaller ones or the smaller ones will muddy up the sound, your best off using all the same size for the same frequencies as the same speakers, Sometimes in a very large vehicle I have seeen success in have a small sealed 8 up front for the upper frequency of 120-50 then after that the rear subs take over but this guy knew what he was doing. I would do all your choice of tweets 6.5s just add more if it’s not loud enough for mids then all one size sub for bass and make sure they have room to breathe set your cross overs properly seal your door properly (this will improve mid bass) and send it 

2012 Kia Soul

Infinity reference 6.5's  Coaxials 

2x Soundqubed HDS312 @ 32hz (hdx312 waiting on alt)

1x Skar Audio RP-2000 (deaf bonce 4k on floor waiting on alt)

1 x Northstar group 35 front

1x Nortstar SMSAGM220 rear (have a second one waiting on alt)

0 gauge Sky High OFC

BIG 4

Archived