Amplifier reads negative resistance to subs

So I’m getting no output from my subwoofers. Brand new pioneer deck and brand new audiopipe 2k. I have 2 d4 12s wired to 1 ohm and that’s what it reads at the amp when the car is off. But when I turn the car on it reads -2 or -3ohms so that’s obviously why I just don’t know what to do I’ve tried everything. Tried 3 diff sets of rcas 

Some solid state amps are known to shunt/energize the outputs when turned on.

your subwoofers total impedance is 1 ohm, if you aren't sure then unplug your woofers from the amp and measure impedance again. 

Make sure your getting signal through the rca's, if you absolutely cant get any sound and your woofers/wires/signal checks out, it points to the amp.

When you take resistance measurements there should be no load present.

if it shows up fine with the speaker terminal outputs disconnected your fine man

Just thought of this. I was moving my amps around and bumped the master slave switch so instead of master it was set to slave. No output at all until I realized after almost shitting bricks that all I had to do was set it to master 

Really? That’s interesting.. so if there’s power in the circuit thats Why it will read negative. I don’t get why my subs won’t play then? Literally if I turn the bass knob from nothing to full I can feel the subs get power more as I go up and stop when it’s off so I feel like There getting signal, but no output at all

On 4/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, Joshdashef said:

Just thought of this. I was moving my amps around and bumped the master slave switch so instead of master it was set to slave. No output at all until I realized after almost shitting bricks that all I had to do was set it to master 

buddy of mine did that and was so pissed on why he had no bass. Was a satisfying fix and bass session afterwards lol 

Archived