Second Skin Audio

2017 F150 Super Crew sub advice.

Under seat build ?, and if yes do U have a seat lift installed. Skar has great subs but for ported they like room and U may not have enough.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I’ve done 3 Sundown SA 10’s sealed and 2 ported both sounded great the sealed box was more punchy and I liked it better.

3BE8F7CC-5903-4373-83B5-117763B625A0.jpeg

6E5BBA6F-3ECC-435B-B949-21A327AC63F4.jpeg

FCE8FC0E-EDAE-4AB8-B75B-4C4C6DC3A754.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

U must be looking at Skar VD series and laying subs flat. I own 1 VD 10 in my beater it’s a great cheap sub. Don’t know if U have enough room but I don’t know your measurements, I’m sure it’s close. I would choose 2 VD 10’s sealed over any number of 8’s though. If U listen to just rock 8’s would be fine but they can’t handle lows well when U listen to anything under 40hz.

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

U must be looking at Skar VD series and laying subs flat. I own 1 VD 10 in my beater it’s a great cheap sub. Don’t know if U have enough room but I don’t know your measurements, I’m sure it’s close. I would choose 2 VD 10’s sealed over any number of 8’s though. If U listen to just rock 8’s would be fine but they can’t handle lows well when U listen to anything under 40hz.

that's bs.

8s can get low, nasty, and windy in the right enclosure.  they typically require less airspace too.

OP are you not keen on raising the seat because of cost of the pre made brackets?  if so, see how the pre mades actually do the seat lift.  chances are you could get 2 pieces of 3" box steel and raise the lower part of the seat yourself.

fwiw 4 8s in the right ported box would be musical and loud on good power. 

2 hours ago, bmwking said:

that's bs.

8s can get low, nasty, and windy in the right enclosure.  they typically require less airspace too.

OP are you not keen on raising the seat because of cost of the pre made brackets?  if so, see how the pre mades actually do the seat lift.  chances are you could get 2 pieces of 3" box steel and raise the lower part of the seat yourself.

I'm capable of fabbing and installing lift brackets myself, I'm a machinist and fabricator by trade. My concern is the possibility of compromising safety by modifying the seat height.

for sure, i understand where you're coming from.  worth an hour of your time to install them, check that the seatbelts are still in a good spot with the new raised lower section and see how you feel about it.

i dont think much would change in terms of crash results, and being a machinist, im sure you could work up something really secure to make sure the seat was just as secure as the factory mount.

Q

12 hours ago, bmwking said:

that's bs.

I understand where your coming from but with his space 2 10’s will be louder , he has no room under a seat for 4 8’s maybe 3 and 2 10’s ported would be better . I’ve been dealing with this same issue and that’s if he can make it fit seat has to go up for ported no question. He’s looking at Skar VD series and they need room for ported .

Archived