PSU and car amp for home use?

I'm thinking of getting a 650W computer PSU single 12v rail and a 1000W RMS CEA rated at 2 ohms rockville amp mono amp to power some subs in my home.

I wont be running the amp or subs at max power. just around 400 to 500 watts RMS total power. the average when playing music will be much lower than that though. so the 650W computer PSU should be plenty

My subs are two 12-inch 4-ohm subwoofers

its these ones 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LX1DS8 Rockville dB14 amplifier (its been tested on the dyno)

and this PSU

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HJ2RCW

I want to know if the PSU can be run by hooking the green wire on it to a black one up if it'll stay on or i'll need a dummy load for 5v rail or something.

can I just bridge the green wire to a black wire on this psu? or is there a better PSU I should get instead?

or if someone can recommend me a better amp and power supply for cheaper or similar price please show me.

wont work with my subs. I have two 4-ohm subs. so i wouldn't be able to power them with that amp it only says 4ohms. and the subsonic filter is too high. my subs can hit down to 20hz easily

I also dont have any of the connectors that plate amp uses. but I already have RCA inputs and connectors

so I would have to buy cables for it too.

It sounds just like your wanting someone to agree with you.

Home wiring is very different than vehicle. This is why your idea is not a standard practice. Most home or commercial Audio runs higher ohm loads not to over heat the input voltage circuit. Plate Amplifiers love 8 to 16 ohm loads ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You will ultimately spend more trying to cram 12v gear into a home system.

10 minutes ago, realflow100 said:

I just want to know if theres a better deal I can find that will work with the subs I have. and be similar or less price than the ones ive picked. but i can only get stuff from amazon right now. cant get from ebay or other websites at the moment.

There isn't a better deal.  Using car audio amps in a home audio environment is nearly always a convoluted and unreliable mess.  

Plate amps are cheap up to about 250 watts, from there the Behringer pro audio amps offer a really good bang for the buck.  If you shop around you can probably find a 1000 watt Behringer amp for around $200 and you won't burn your house down.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Most “BIG” home theater systems I’ve built had single driver sub bass systems on no more than 600w.

sub bass in home audio is much different than car audio

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I mean... Hell... If you can find one of the old school crown xls5000s, they do rated power. Damn thing puts out a titch over 200v at the rails. It's a nasty bitch. Good luck not blowing your breakers LOL

Archived