PSU and car amp for home use?

3 hours ago, realflow100 said:

i'll take a look but im still looking around i havent decided yet. i might still get the power supply since I have plenty of other uses for it right now

That power supply’s specs specify that it will not handle anything over an 80 amp current draw. Meaning it may or may not run a college dorm refrigerator, let alone a class d “high current” amplifier that calls for a minimum of a 100 amp fuse. You will burn that power supply up in no time. If we were talking about Astron power supply systems like I have for White Lightning, it would be a different conversation. I promise you, they cost WAY more than 50 bucks ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

5 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Costs less to do it right the first time, just saying.

The OP has had six different people unanimously agree he shouldn't use a PSU and car amp for home audio.  How much you want to bet he does it anyway?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I wont run it to full power though. I have a DC clamp meter I can use to watch the current and i'm only going to be giving the subs 200 to 250W RMS each sub at most. so playing music it shouldn't draw anywhere near 80 amps at 12v and i'll have room to upgrade to better subs in the future keeping the same amp

and im going to install a fuse to protect the power supply as well so it wont burn up

21 hours ago, White Lightning said:

It sounds just like your wanting someone to agree with you.

My reason for this earlier post ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived