What size high output Alternator and secondary battery do I need

I have a 2004 GMC DENALI XL 6.0 and I'm installing 2 sets of JL Audio Zr650csi one set I will add a JL Audio C5-400cm, a set of JL Audio C2-350X, and a Alpine R-W10D4 sub woofer. I will be using Rockford T800-4ad, T600.4, R150X2, and T1000.1BD to power all my speakers. If my calculations are right the amps should be putting out 2100 watts. My question is do I need to add a high output alternator if so what size? Do I need to add a secondary battery if so what size?

47 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

There's a free app called ultimate car audio app that has calculators for this very thing. They have a paid version too and have stopped supporting the free version but the calculators still work. Pretty handy. Hope this helps. 

I used the app and this is what the output is. So what secondary battery has this amount of Ah?

Screenshot_20190414-093322_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

I use northstar batteries. The smsagm480 is 210 ah. It's an $800 battery. A couple of group 31 agm batteries would get you there. Shop around for the best price. Takes power to make power and it is not cheap. The electrical upgrades are just as expensive if not more than the equipment. A lot of people don't realize that when planning a build. 

11 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

I use northstar batteries. The smsagm480 is 210 ah. It's an $800 battery. A couple of group 31 agm batteries would get you there. Shop around for the best price. Takes power to make power and it is not cheap. The electrical upgrades are just as expensive if not more than the equipment. A lot of people don't realize that when planning a build. 

I have a Interstate MTP 78DT battery, I don't know the Ah rating. Is the battery you have a secondary battery?

I have a group 31 northstar. I am in the process of adding a second battery. I also have a 240 amp alternator. Google the specs of your battery and you'll find the ah. Is it an agm battery? If not I would suggest you switch it with one. Did you do the big 3? 

57 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

I have a group 31 northstar. I am in the process of adding a second battery. I also have a 240 amp alternator. Google the specs of your battery and you'll find the ah. Is it an agm battery? If not I would suggest you switch it with one. Did you do the big 3? 

I'm going to do the big 3 next don't know which one to purchase 

I always go with the biggest available , no ones ever bitched about having to much electrical. You’re car will thank you.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived