Sundown Audio

DS18 "7kW" Amp Dyno Test

WillistonAudioLabs

My friend HiFiVega let me in on this DS18 amp on eBay that was being sold by Sky High Car Audio as a refurb. It was $119 one day, then dropped to $99 the next...shipped! I was confused as all get out with the ratings and what the amp was actually supposed to do. There's a big "7000 watts" number on the amp itself and the specs online said 750/1500/2000 RMS at 4/2/1 ohm...so for $99 I thought it would be a no-brainer. Not to mention you guys would be able to see it tested. Well, I bought it and put it through the paces, let's see how it did.

Watch on YouTube in 4K UHD quality or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

I wouldn't say garbage, I've been hammering on it for the past 2 weeks and it's done well. Just wish they would've rated it 600/1000/1500 then it would be an easy recommendation

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

23 hours ago, BigDWiz said:

I wouldn't say garbage, I've been hammering on it for the past 2 weeks and it's done well. Just wish they would've rated it 600/1000/1500 then it would be an easy recommendation

Thx for this review! Theres a guy at a local shop who highly recommended their products. Never heard anything from DS18, but dude almost got my buddy convinced to "trade up" to one of their big 4 ch amps and a set of pro neo mids over a big Crescendo amp and 4 PWX mids... Other than the misleading rating, is it a "step up" as he says?

Archived