Second Skin Audio

Getting louder on same cone area.

mfdoom7

i have EDGE EDB15D2X-E7 rated 1100w rms but my amp bottoms it out easy. so if i want to get louder with same core area 15" and keep box tuning to 30hz.

how many watts im looking at to move more air ? my amp can do 2700w rms @1ohm. not dropping volts also 13.8 is lowest ive seen on  stock 120A alternator and 14v is general and rests @ 14.4 

13.8 on stock electrical for 2700 watts? Must be some good stock lol.  But as Snowdrifter said gonna need box specs. May be oversized and allowing to much excursion. You may have to shrink it to throw a little more power in.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

43 minutes ago, mfdoom7 said:

3.3 cuft. tuned to 30hz. it bottoms out and sub also get smeelly when played songs where bass notes are long. and it does not clip. 

How much port area?  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

19 hours ago, mfdoom7 said:

should be 61sq inch and with 1 45 on port 90* corner and port exit rounded a bit. 

Sounds like you have plenty of port area.  There probably are no easy solutions to getting louder if you don't want to go to a much larger box and more cone area.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived