Second Skin Audio

Need a Ported 10" Box Built

melvinhob

Hi all,

I have been a member for a few years but this is only my second time posting but I need a sub box built. I need a ported 10" box for one sundown E10 V.3. Is there somewhere on here that can build a box for a decent price?

Shipping will get cha. If you can find a builder you can drive to, even a 200 mile drive is probably cheaper than shipping depending on your car

1 hour ago, melvinhob said:

Thanks for replying, I had no idea shipping was that expensive. I live in Tempe, AZ which which is right outside of Phoenix. I have prius so driving is cheap for me.

Theres a place in Flagstaff ab 5 mile east of 17, not far off the freeway called "sounds good" I delivered a truck there n seems like they do good work. Nice folks too

Also how big should I be looking to make this enclosure to play loud and low for the space and equipment that i have? I will only have 450 Wrms going to it and it's rated at 500 so it won't be overpowered. Sundown recommends 1 ft^3 at 32HZ with a port area of 16 in^2 for it but I see some people make enclosures smaller or larger depending on needs and power.

Other than the local shop talent here in Phoenix... quite a few decent shops btw.

You might consider looking on C/L locally, I looked real quick and found this guy.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/d/12-ported-subwoofer-enclosure-loud-new/6856052076.html

I'd wager he could take care of you... if not, I'm sure a local shop easily handle what you're after

In general, I think the Sundown Audio recommendations are good. I like 32 hz for most music listening. It favors electric bass, EDM, Dubstep, etc. and rap music. Assuming that you still have stock head unit and speakers, this should sound really nice. You might tune higher if you favor rock or heavy metal.

Box building is a fun project. I assume that you don't want to take it on alone?

Archived