Sundown Audio

1 amp or multiple amps

Jmainbslappn

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shit man

TBH, right now, I think  it would be worth your time to get the box built and in the vehicle then run a sweep and plot your impedance rise. If you don't have one, an SMD IM-SG is incredibly useful for this scenario.

I really don't have experience with taramps and how they're built internally, or how forgiving they are running below rated.

I love how everyone is just bashing Taramps and not helping the guy... the 30ks are designed to be wired into the dirt. the md8ks are not, the md8k is also rated at 60hz vs 100hz, taramps make the power they are not unreliable, they are designed to work in specific parameters, they like under 2.5v input, short power runs, and to be wired where they are designed to be wired. people are just used to companies rating at 4 ohms and stable down to .5. in my opinion I would go for the 30ks as you will have more wiring options and head room. you will also be able to wire down to combat rise.

2012 Kia Soul

Infinity reference 6.5's  Coaxials 

2x Soundqubed HDS312 @ 32hz (hdx312 waiting on alt)

1x Skar Audio RP-2000 (deaf bonce 4k on floor waiting on alt)

1 x Northstar group 35 front

1x Nortstar SMSAGM220 rear (have a second one waiting on alt)

0 gauge Sky High OFC

BIG 4

but i do have to agree with those deaf bonce amps being awesome Im waiting to power the 4k myself 

2012 Kia Soul

0 gauge Sky High OFC

BIG 4

9 hours ago, Bj3ll0 said:

I love how everyone is just bashing Taramps and not helping the guy... the 30ks are designed to be wired into the dirt. the md8ks are not, the md8k is also rated at 60hz vs 100hz, taramps make the power they are not unreliable, they are designed to work in specific parameters, they like under 2.5v input, short power runs, and to be wired where they are designed to be wired. people are just used to companies rating at 4 ohms and stable down to .5. in my opinion I would go for the 30ks as you will have more wiring options and head room. you will also be able to wire down to combat rise.

No bashing... Just going off of their track record. I prefer Korean myself. Also prefer heavier duty heat sinks and better build quality. JMO. 

33 minutes ago, DiBo said:

No bashing... Just going off of their track record. I prefer Korean myself. Also prefer heavier duty heat sinks and better build quality. JMO. 

How many times have you seen a Taramps fail that has been wired within its specs? I'm curious because I have only seen them die when people are running them lower than rated. When I was at the Sky High BBQ it seemed like 50% of the big builds had Taramps. 

9 minutes ago, CrackFactory said:

How many times have you seen a Taramps fail that has been wired within its specs? I'm curious because I have only seen them die when people are running them lower than rated. When I was at the Sky High BBQ it seemed like 50% of the big builds had Taramps. 

Cheap big power. And yes the MD and bass line when ran correctly do good power and work pretty well. Just not my cup of tea. Korean a amps cost. That's why I'm still only @ 8k. I could buy 2 more 4k's but I'm good on that. Rather have 18v capable true 10k... Deaf bonce Apocalypse AAK-200001d. 10k@ 12v flat. $2,500 per. Don't get me wrong I love my apocalypse 4K's but I'm going big. 

Dibo the deaf bonce 4k do you think it would take .25 ohm i heard they like it low. i plan on running it at one but knowing me... having dual 1s im gonna be tempted. 

2012 Kia Soul

0 gauge Sky High OFC

BIG 4

Archived