Sundown Audio

1 amp or multiple amps

Jmainbslappn

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bought that much equipment with out a game plan ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I assume you have some sort of external signal processor if you plan on using the 8ks?

I have to ask... Are you serious? Or are you just mentally putting together a dream system? Any previous building experience? I ask because this sort of question really isn't typical of someone about to drop $25,000 plus on gear that takes more power than a typical neighborhood.

Box built yet? Have you plotted your impedance rise?

Contacted the manufacturer for more detailed specs/measurements/efficiency across impedance loads?

21 hours ago, White Lightning said:

You bought that much equipment with out a game plan ???

My plan was the 5 8ks but it was brought to my attention that I could go with the 30ks and won't have to worry about doing so much gain matching plus with the 30k being wired low it would do better with impedance rise just wanted a little input Thats why i asked

16 minutes ago, Jmainbslappn said:

My plan was the 5 8ks but it was brought to my attention that I could go with the 30ks and won't have to worry about doing so much gain matching plus with the 30k being wired low it would do better with impedance rise just wanted a little input Thats why i asked

Taramps and wiring down are playing with fire. I don't care what someone else says. These amps aren't the most reliable... They get loud without question but reliability comes into play. The bass 30k's also need to be fed crazy amounts of juice. You'll be pulling around 6000amps of current with those so plan on at least 3 alternators ( 300 amps ea+) and around 400ah of quality lithium. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

19 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

I assume you have some sort of external signal processor if you plan on using the 8ks?

I have to ask... Are you serious? Or are you just mentally putting together a dream system? Any previous building experience? I ask because this sort of question really isn't typical of someone about to drop $25,000 plus on gear that takes more power than a typical neighborhood.

Box built yet? Have you plotted your impedance rise?

Contacted the manufacturer for more detailed specs/measurements/efficiency across impedance loads?

Signal processor of course yes im serious as you can see i already bought the subs and 300 ah worth of lithium, box not built yet Derek sindyla building my box,and plotting impedance rise yes that' s what im currently doing contacted manufacture yes I did,detailed specs yeah they haven't got back to me about the measurments yet Yeah its not typical but I got some years experience on installing basic to intermediate systems now I wanna to expand my knowledge some and take it to the next level

1 minute ago, DiBo said:

Taramps and wiring down are playing with fire. I don't care what someone else says. These amps aren't the most reliable... They get loud without question but reliability comes into play. The bass 30k's also need to be fed crazy amounts of juice. You'll be pulling around 6000amps of current with those so plan on at least 3 alternators ( 300 amps ea+) and around 400ah of quality lithium. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Right I got 4 ces 370s and 300 ah custom built cmax lithium if I have to add some banks then I will

2b8374d67cc6b6ff3d0e128622dbeebe.0.jpg

Archived