Voltage jumps

Hello!

ok.. I have a 2013 Ford E150 van. I just installed an XS Power D6500 under the hood and an XS Power XP3000 behind the seat. Hooked both batteries up positive to positive and negative to negative. Added a ground from the hood battery to an existing ground under the hood - and added a ground from the back battery to the frame of the van with a grommet. Both grounds wire brushed and shiny. Installed a Sundown Audio SAE 2000d to an X15. When the van is on and running, the voltage is 14.2. When I crank up the volume, the voltage obviously drops. It gets down to about 13.4.. But when I turn down the volume and shut the radio off, the voltage rapidly jumps between 13.4 and 14 volts - like it’s confused or something.. WHAT is the cause for this voltage jumping? Also, when it’s turned up and the voltage is jumping, I can see my sub “burp” or “jump” forward or backwards while it’s playing. That can’t be good on the sub.. Any ideas? Thank you!!

Verified RCAs are tight?

Verified remote turn on is appropriate voltage when on? When off and issue occurring?

Verified connections are tight?

Where are you measuring voltage from?

Does voltage jump at the alt? Rear? Both?

Stock alt?

Archived