Second Skin Audio

would this work? 4th order question

rambronco

I'm curious your ideas on if this will work or not. My thoughts for getting more cone area is to build a 4th OBP with 15's & 18's I would keep the sealed side separated and still make the ported section common. The subs are similar designs with relatively close xmax (Sundown Z18v4's and sundown X-15's) currently I have the Z18's walled in an extra cab which would switch to a blow through. Also thought about walling the 15's and doing a blowthrough fir the 18's and bring the 4th order port on the same plane as the walled 15's. My mids and tweets play just fine with my windows up or down (like a leaky 4th order would be) which makes me think the different cone sizes wont be as much of an issue as people make it out to be?

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Archived