My Fi Blneo 10"

KickerSlo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Smoove said:

I can't wait till I get the Fi SSD ferrite 10 installed in my wifes ride. I'll be putting an RF T1000bdcp on it.
Great to hear your happy with the sub.
What 15 are you looking and how much power are you planning

Im thinking about running the Team 3 unit.  I want to run the setup as it is.  Im using an Orion 2500XTR currently.  The 10 will be my daily use speaker then the Team 3 will be my competition unit. I havent committed to the Team 3 unit yet.  I was going to get the opinions of people on here on it when i got a bit closer to the purchase.

1 hour ago, Mike4068 said:

Wired to 1 ohm. Box is 7 cubes tuned to 30 Hz. All of this was sent to Fi and Brian said that I am overpowering the sub and to turn the gain down. I set everything with dd-1 using - 7.5 db track. Just sucks waiting 3 months for the sub and it isn't even taking this amp. It sounds so good though. 

Something still isnt right? Are you using a line converter? stock HU?
How do you know the coils are burning?
Whats the SSF set at?

2 hours ago, Mike4068 said:

I thought so too. This one can't even take 3k. According to their website searching according to wattage the plus now shows up as a 2500 rms sub and the sp4 v2 is 3500 rms. 

the website shows 3500 for the sp4+ and 2500 for the sp3+
Are you sure you dont have the SP3+

https://ficaraudio.com/product/sp4v2-series-sp4v218/

I just replied to your email again - my mistake.  I thought you said SP3.  SP4 should handle that amp no problem.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

24 minutes ago, Smoove said:

Something still isnt right? Are you using a line converter? stock HU?
How do you know the coils are burning?
Whats the SSF set at?

I have a JVC single din Hu, no line converter. SSF is non adjustable at 28 Hz and is on. Been running this sub for a couple of months now and it is pretty stinky after a few minutes at less than full power on a clean signal. Everything is set properly with dd-1 and cc-1. Monitoring voltage at amplifier with vm-1 and output with om-1. Voltage at max clean signal is mid 13s and output is still under 0 db. Brian just emailed me again and said he misread my previous message and thought I had the sp3+. I do in fact have the sp4+. I think the coils are burning because the smell is not getting less but at least the same or worse. 

Is the -7.5 dB track the recommended track for gain setting.  Seems like a low gain track for setting gain.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

14 minutes ago, bkolfo4 said:

Is the -7.5 dB track the recommended track for gain setting.  Seems like a low gain track for setting gain.

The disc comes with 0, -5, -10, and -15. I used Snowrider's -7.5 from his discord. The manual says -5 for sq and -15 for spl and - 10 for a compromise. 

I've been running -10 for ever. I only know one person who runs

4 hours ago, KickerSlo said:

Im thinking about running the Team 3 unit.  I want to run the setup as it is.  Im using an Orion 2500XTR currently.  The 10 will be my daily use speaker then the Team 3 will be my competition unit. I havent committed to the Team 3 unit yet.  I was going to get the opinions of people on here on it when i got a bit closer to the purchase.

I haven't run a team3, but have a buddy who is about to order 2. if it fit in any of my build goals I'd love to try them.

2 hours ago, Mike4068 said:

The disc comes with 0, -5, -10, and -15. I used Snowrider's -7.5 from his discord. The manual says -5 for sq and -15 for spl and - 10 for a compromise. 

I have always used -10. I only know one person who uses -15. Are you using a bass knob? is bass boot turned on any where?

Archived