Second Skin Audio

Small and shallow subs

This is what the waste of money DD shallow sub looks like, It looks tuff but it sucks for 350 each unless you just listen to rock music.

3F86DCFE-004D-46DE-96FC-DC43FE85864A.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to hit 140’s just bass in a box that’s 4.5 inches deep. Not easy.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:20 PM, Ron36 said:

Yes sorry about being late , I can post pics tomorrow they hit way harder then the DD subs I’m very impressed so far. Worth the money. Sundown has never let me down.

I been on the road for last 3 weeks in N Cali, so I hadnt been online, but I was kinda hoping you had a chance to abuse em by now lol

How do they compare w the Skar?

On 5/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, Kyblack76 said:

I've never ever heard a "shallow mount" driver sound worth a damn. Their build/nature goes against the very need you want from them. I would rather run a well built comp set. 

You should hear audiomobile evo subs. They are great sq subs.  Best "shallow mount" ive ever heard/used

4 hours ago, MyNameIsNoob said:

I been on the road for last 3 weeks in N Cali, so I hadnt been online, but I was kinda hoping you had a chance to abuse em by now lol

How do they compare w the Skar?

The Sundown’s can take more power but they are very similar, I would always choose Sundown over Skar even tho I’m a big fan of each.

4 hours ago, ToNasty said:

You should hear audiomobile evo subs. They are great sq subs.  Best "shallow mount" ive ever heard/used

Wish I would have seen these earlier and heard them. .25 cubes per sub sealed, I could have done 3-4 of them . What’s the mounting depth couldn’t find it on there site.

3 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Wish I would have seen these earlier and heard them. .25 cubes per sub sealed, I could have done 3-4 of them . What’s the mounting depth couldn’t find it on there site.

8s require .33 gross. They are ahout 3 5/8 deep

The 10s require .5 and are just under 4" deep no pole vent

I just ported my prefab underseat box with 2 AB es1244. Could only get tuning down to 35hz because of box depth, but they are actually pretty Impressive for a shallow sub. They hit lows with authority too. Not alot of time playing with different Songs yet tho. Have them powered by a ppi ice7000.1 ( about 1400 rms each ).

I just recently put two massive sumo 6.5 subs in my buddies super duty on a old Sony Xplode 1000 watt ( 400rms) and they sounded great! I was shocked how hard they hit! Box is tuned to 42hz ( no real reason just was a test box and wanted to start somewhere) and they get really loud, don't like the low lows but will be building a new box soon , probably tune it about 36-38hz and see how they like that.

Update....couldn't get the shallow es1244s to sound real good , was peaky ASF. Put em in a spec box 1.5 for both, and 50sqin port @32hz and sound very very great, but defeats the purpose of having a shallow mount sub cause a proper box for them is about the size of a small prefab for dual 12s. I finally gave up and going 4 8s and deciding to possibly loose my rear seat, rather have bass than a back seat I think.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

On 5/19/2019 at 12:14 AM, ToNasty said:

I wish I knew somebody who had them, I'd love to audition a set of 10's. Lookin to find a show coming up, it would be nice if somebody had somethin I can listen to.

Archived