Second Skin Audio

Small and shallow subs

20 hours ago, Ron36 said:

The Sundown’s can take more power but they are very similar, I would always choose Sundown over Skar even tho I’m a big fan of each.

This set up will have 2000w available to split between however many subs, but mostly looking for clean and low on this one. Hows the freq response?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

I just ported my prefab underseat box with 2 AB es1244. Could only get tuning down to 35hz because of box depth, but they are actually pretty Impressive for a shallow sub. They hit lows with authority too. Not alot of time playing with different Songs yet tho. Have them powered by a ppi ice7000.1 ( about 1400 rms each ).

I just recently put two massive sumo 6.5 subs in my buddies super duty on a old Sony Xplode 1000 watt ( 400rms) and they sounded great! I was shocked how hard they hit! Box is tuned to 42hz ( no real reason just was a test box and wanted to start somewhere) and they get really loud, don't like the low lows but will be building a new box soon , probably tune it about 36-38hz and see how they like that.

Theres alot of guys out my way who have Massive subs, hear good things ab the 6.5's

Archived