Crown Vic Budget Build 2x Sundown LCS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up a set of Morel Maximo 6's. These things are amazing and the mid bass is amazing. I came from a cheap pair of Rockford R165-S - these speakers aren't even close to 6.5". I still need to tune, etc. These are going to sound amazing for the money. Im running active. I had a problem with my tweeters hissing. I changed 4-channel amps, but it didnt fix it. I also changed grounds on my rear AGM battery with no luck. I may try ground the 4channel separate. I also purchased new 4 channel RCA. The hiss gets louder when adjusting the Gain up. Tell me what you think.

imqmKwR.jpg

yZvyDlc.jpg

obN0xFP.jpg

ioipQCC.jpg

7MnO8FL.jpg

Eq8AHHA.jpg

KQBpxtk.jpg

tIoTpBh.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered 2 Sundown SA-12 DVC 2ohm. My box I built is 4ft3 @32hz so I will be good with my box.  Hopefully they will arrive this week.  I did restore my headlights today. made a big difference 

Before

X62xLkC.jpg

After 

XAzcAmx.jpg

IVpn9AT.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ripkon said:

Received tracking from Sundown today. 60lbs!! Bought these for 109$ each shipped from sundown yard sale. Hopefully i dont have to recone...

The yard sale could mean a few different things.  They could need to be reconed. Or maybe they had coil rub from a shifted motor which then makes that sub useless

2 hours ago, ToNasty said:

The yard sale could mean a few different things.  They could need to be reconed. Or maybe they had coil rub from a shifted motor which then makes that sub useless

They do guarantee no shifted motors

I have ordered from the yardsale before with good luck. If not ill get a recone and be done

I’m running 2 yard sale 10’s now and they pound.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived