Crown Vic Budget Build 2x Sundown LCS

5 months ago , I figured they were so cheep I’d beat the shit out of them and it turns out they love it.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the crap shoot but mine are fine, If your SA’s have issues they have rebuild kits. But I’m betting they are fine.

6D3E8888-0329-4C18-8A6B-CA2262C8E083.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

21 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

This is the crap shoot but mine are fine, If your SA’s have issues they have rebuild kits. But I’m betting they are fine.

6D3E8888-0329-4C18-8A6B-CA2262C8E083.png

I hope they're i will find out tomorrow. The LCS i ordered are good. They had a couple rust spots on the basket

Subs Came Today! Both subs tested @ 1ohm. I hear no mechanical noise or anything. Both subs seam great. The one had a smear on the dust cap with the tinsel lead unsoldered. The other i cant see anything - maybe extra glue on the surround because the scew holes are covered or maybe the frayed stitching. Both are amazing. Hell of a deal for 218$ shipped for 220$ea subs!

jGqTHOj.jpg

BSuLLoT.jpg

X3oQwQd.jpg

lU5havE.jpg

You do nice work man!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Glad to hear bang the shit out of those

6 hours ago, Karkov said:

You do nice work man!

Thank you. I had a system like 10 years ago in a prefab. It was all sony xplode lol. This is the first time ive done it right. Im going to enter at Sundown Audio 2019, so i have some work to do. Its next month

2 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Glad to hear bang the shit out of those

Most definitely. I found out what was wrong with the other sub. There is a plastic cover on the voice coil. Extra glue got on the cap and started coming off behind the dust cap. It didnt make any sound the first day. The second day it sounded like rocks behind the dust cap. I just knew it was something behind it. I was able to get the dust cap removed and sure enough dried glue (actually looks like glass). I just glued the dust cap back on, so i should be good. 

Gonna need a bigger amp now those subs can handle 1k each allday.

Archived