Second Skin Audio

no distortion or clipping. subwoofers smelling and getting warm.

1 hour ago, realflow100 said:

I cant afford something priced that high. 129$ is already pushing it.

my subs are rated 250W RMS each at 4 ohms per sub. so i'd need either a 4 ohm stable stereo amp rated 250 watts RMS per channel or a 2 ohm stable mono amp 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms

in maybe 2 months though I'll be getting a pair of dual 2 ohm 12" skar audio IVX 12 V2 D2 subs to replace my current subs.

So save your money for a bit longer until you can afford to do things right. 

Im going to be straight up with you man, there are guys coming on here all the time looking for ways to cheap out and not do things right. They are always full of excuses and no amount of effort is able to convince them that there is a better way. I’m starting to think you are one of these guys,  but I’m going to give you an opportunity to prove me wrong. 

There are are three big reason why buying a car audio amp for use indoors is a stupid idea. 1 - the amount of power you get out of them for what they cost is almost always less than an amp meant to plug into the wall. This is because a power supply big enough to supply enough current usually costs more than a whole home audio amp does. 

2 - using a car audio amp indoors is almost always a shock and fire hazard. The people who do this always cobble together the wiring instead of putting in the effort and money to get proper wire, connectors, and fuses they need to do it right. If they actually do get the stuff they need that adds a bunch of cost and puts us back at reason #1. 

3 - car audio amps for home use are much less efficient and reliable than a home audio amp due to their complexity. 

That Rockville amp might seem like a lot of watts for the money but what are you going to power it with?  I pretty much guarantee your current power supply isn’t going to cut it, so now you are back to spending more money again.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived