Sundown Audio

Mosconi Amp - BS?

Qwiz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the RCAs out of the mids and highs amp just to be able to hear how the bass is being output. Unclean, muddy. While doing this I was slowly moved the crossover back and forth. No change in the quality output. Nothing changed. The slope for this amps crossover is 12db. In my old setup, the bass output playing by itself was very tight and clean. I also tested this amp with my old sub. Same crap.

I would be glad if someone has a brand new suggestion. In any case I will give feedback once I change the amp and the Headunit. I keep thinking about Pioneers Advanced Sound Retriever function which i remember made a big difference in the music experience. Still, without it I did have cleanliness on old setup so this is irrelevant. Need to have patience.

@Mike No, all settings are on default. EQ is flat, no bass boost on the HU and no crossover set. This amp has no Bass Boost knob, only Gain, Crossover and Front Stage Adjustment which I have it disabled. The other 2 buttons on it are one for Low or HIgh Input (have it on Low Input) and the Crossover button which is ON of course.

Is the box ported or sealed?

Can you post pics of the box?

EDIT: Do you have another amp to try in place of the one in the car now?

It helps to have known working equipment when trying eliminate possible problem areas.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The only other amp I have ould be the one for the mids and highs, which says it can do 350W at 4 Ohms.

For example when I hear music with some in-ear earphones, the bass does not disturb. It reminds me of how it was back then when I used to enjoy it. Guys maybe the amp would be fine and what I really miss is the output of a better quality HU, as well as Snd Rtrver from Pioneer. There is a bit of pressure in the car with it, but it's like I'm somehow under the impesion that it distorts.

When I put the mids to play a little bit of bass, their bass I know with 16,5cm diameter wouldn't be top, but at least you can hear it clean and tight.

Box

Settings

35mm2 Overkill Wiring

I took the DMM to measure the output VAC on a 40Hz -2,5db sinus tone track set to 33 out of 40 max Volume on this Pioneer MVH-A200vbt with 2 V preouts. From minimum I turned the gain slowly up in order to reach target 44,7 Volts AC (500W rated RMS of the 12w3v3 and its 4 Ohm Resistance). The gain on the amp is now at about 60-70% and it plays ok, doesn't.eem to distort. I wish I had a Scope or better DD-1. It seems it plays ok BUT I wish to have more air pressure inside the car.

I remember with my old setup, Pioneed 4100sd with 4V preouts, amp with 360W rated RMS bridged with its Gain set to Max going to the SPL Dynamics v300-s4 (350W RMS) I was experiencing more pressure and no distorsion at already 45-47 HU Volume *everything flat, out of 62.

WHat do you guys think if I get a new Radio say the Pioneer 80 PRS which does not distort even at full Volume and has 5V preouts? I will put my hands on it soon in any case. But let's say if I were to set the same Gain to reach 44,7 Volts AC on speaker output with the max Volume on the 80 PRS, would I get more pressure and quality?

I tested a presumable voltage drop here's a clip 

at 32/40 Volume. Seems fine, I will do the Big 3 anyway sometime soon.

Another frustration I experience is when I'm parked I seem to feel the bass more than wen I'm driving. Very misterious you guys. This car has brought me so much joy from the moment I got it. Lol no one is replying to this post anymore.

30 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

I tested a presumable voltage drop here's a clip 

at 32/40 Volume. Seems fine, I will do the Big 3 anyway sometime soon.

Another frustration I experience is when I'm parked I seem to feel the bass more than wen I'm driving. Very misterious you guys. This car has brought me so much joy from the moment I got it. Lol no one is replying to this post anymore.

Its not people arent replying it no one knows what you mean by it sounds bad.  What you think might sounds bad might just be how it is and you think it sounds bad

Archived