Military veteran asking for advice on S10 build !

I am a disabled military veteran looking for help and advice. I have an s10 with a full wall that was built in Seattle in 2003 right before I went to Iraq. The box and fasading is still in the truck. It was built for 8 mtx 6000 12 inch dual 4 ohm subs( model 61244A). A couple went bad and the rest I sold. They don't make them anymore and the new 5500 12 inch subs specs are different. I'm looking for help on whether there is a sub close to the same specs I can use or do I need to have a new box built. I'm doing this so I can give it to my son when he goes to college next year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If a sub can not replace those with close specs I'm open to a rebuild and suggestions on subs and amps to use and help with a box design. The current box is 15.44 cubes.(internal detentions are L48.5 x H35.5 x D15.5) square pert can be removed  and made longer or shorter. Port is 13.5 x 5.5, (74.25 sq in). Again thanks for any advice.......

Thank you for your service first and foremost. First thing that stands out to me is port area. Definitely too small for most 12" drivers today. Secondly, is 15.44 net or gross cubic ft? If it's net you can most definitely just replace drivers and port and be good to go. Most 2-2.75" coil 12's should do pretty well. Sundown SA or U series, soundqubed HDS subs, digital designs makes a few, deaf Bonce sa series should work. There's plenty more as well. You'll need more port area but you should be ok. Another thought is to cut out the baffle and go with 6 drivers. You have options sir. 

56 minutes ago, Xtreme791 said:

Any ideas on new ideas for subs and a new box for this S10. It did 159.8s in 2003. I got a letter to go to do drag finals back then but had to go to Iraq. I want another spl system so I can get back into it with my son. He is a basshead now. 

Those are damn fine numbers for 2003. I haven't even posted a 159 in 2019!! I'd do 6-12's in around 12-15 ft³ depending on the driver ran on 2 large 7.5k amps or more at .67 per amp strapped to 1.33... or... 4-15's in a 12-16ft³ enclosure ( again depends on subs) on 1-2 large amps. I'd personally go with 3" coil drivers for efficiency but Fi makes some awesome 4" coil stuff as well as others. You could get into the 160s with a flat wall without question. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived