Pro - Neo 6.5

MyNameIsNoob

Guy at local shop here is pushing these real hard. He says they are louder and more clear than my Crescendo PWX and is better in every way... Never heard a pair, havent found many real world reviews n he doesnt have any that I can audition, so it's all hearsay at this point.

Looking at specs, it has a higher power handling, but frequency response starts at 150, so youd still need somethin to fill that void.

Anybody has a set or opinions on these I'd love to hear about it?

https://ds18.com/products/pro-6-neodymium-magnet-full-range-loudspeaker-500-watts

I know some people who swear by DS18 for Mids. and Highs, my problem with them is they have some products that are highly over-rated and some that are not, I have also seen some crazy subs build with them. The Mids and highs are comparable to that of prv my friend who runs them said. I personally have never used either as I personally use infinity coaxial just because of price fitment and honestly the infinity refrence sound so good crossed at 80hz I cant believe they are coaxials.(maybe its just me ) I personally haven't seen the ds18s in action enough to give MY opinion but I know a few people who run those daily and swear by them. just not enough reviews out there for me to buy em.

2012 Kia Soul

Infinity reference 6.5's  Coaxials 

2x Soundqubed HDS312 @ 32hz (hdx312 waiting on alt)

1x Skar Audio RP-2000 (deaf bonce 4k on floor waiting on alt)

1 x Northstar group 35 front

1x Nortstar SMSAGM220 rear (have a second one waiting on alt)

0 gauge Sky High OFC

BIG 4

On 4/29/2019 at 4:27 PM, Bj3ll0 said:

I know some people who swear by DS18 for Mids. and Highs, my problem with them is they have some products that are highly over-rated and some that are not, I have also seen some crazy subs build with them. The Mids and highs are comparable to that of prv my friend who runs them said. I personally have never used either as I personally use infinity coaxial just because of price fitment and honestly the infinity refrence sound so good crossed at 80hz I cant believe they are coaxials.(maybe its just me ) I personally haven't seen the ds18s in action enough to give MY opinion but I know a few people who run those daily and swear by them. just not enough reviews out there for me to buy em.

Yea my thoughts exactly. I'd love to hear a set bc I have trouble believing an unbiased opinion based on a potential sale (He doesnt carry Crescendo)... I do know a guy who heard a caddy w 4 of em tho n says they are very nice, so maybe I get a chance to see

Most Pro Audio will get really loud and DS18 does have some bad ass drivers but I would definitely take a listen for yourself to see if it's what you're looking for.

There are several quality brand pro audio mids out there FYI

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

51 minutes ago, LT.Smoke said:

Most Pro Audio will get really loud and DS18 does have some bad ass drivers but I would definitely take a listen for yourself to see if it's what you're looking for.

There are several quality brand pro audio mids out there FYI

Personally, it would hafta be on another level to make me wna ditch my PWX bc i got no complaints (and I'm not shopping atm) but I will be starting a build in about a month, so its somethin I like to keep in mind for later in the year.  

Archived