My new Singer Alternator 390A for the 1999 Toyota Camry

Going to install it once I get the right size Belt. Throwing out my 6 yr old batteries and putting in new 2x XP3000 and 1x D2400 XS Power batteries.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I was about to go install the new alternator but I'm not sure exactly if it's going to work. The casing option mounting locations look different than my old alternator. Any ideas?

singer-alt-compare-01.jpg

singer-alt-compare-02.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

i was wondering how you got an alt so big for that. my 03 corolla can only can fit an 140amp. maybe make a braket?

edit: on second look, it looks like it will fit with different bolts

Meh. Just an update. I contacted Mike and it turns out the new one he built for me is for the 2.2 motor and not for my 3.0 engine. He's going to build me the 320A one this weekend. Dang. I knew it was too good to be true to get a super high output alternator. So much for my big sound system upgrade this summer. The damn Camry has no space for dual alternators.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the 320A+ Singer Alt. Two positive runs from alt pos to battery and 1 negative run from alt frame to battery negative. Need to recalibrate my Stinger meter. It reads 14.1V when my dmm actually reads like 14.8V

You might've actually done better with the 320. Everybody I know that runs those gigantic alternators have heating issues. My singer is a 320a (128mm casing) and I might be going to a 270a( 138mm casing) to avoid overheating issues when I put my LTO in. I'll be running 3-5 40ah banks on a single alt. Jonathan Patrick told me all I need is 120ah to clamp 15k or less. We shall see. I have 200ah. Gonna be hard to not throw it all in lol

14 minutes ago, DiBo said:

You might've actually done better with the 320. Everybody I know that runs those gigantic alternators have heating issues. My singer is a 320a (128mm casing) and I might be going to a 270a( 138mm casing) to avoid overheating issues when I put my LTO in. I'll be running 3-5 40ah banks on a single alt. Jonathan Patrick told me all I need is 120ah to clamp 15k or less. We shall see. I have 200ah. Gonna be hard to not throw it all in lol

I touched my toolmetalz terminal block on the alt after 15 minutes of driving and bumping and it was too hot to touch. Hopefully this thing doesnt get fried and last me atleast 5 years like the last singer alt I had. 

1 hour ago, moh.vze.com said:

I touched my toolmetalz terminal block on the alt after 15 minutes of driving and bumping and it was too hot to touch. Hopefully this thing doesnt get fried and last me atleast 5 years like the last singer alt I had. 

I'd imagine a double alt terminal would get hot. IIRC mechman told me those weren't the best idea. Everybody uses them so I don't see anything wrong with it but they did tell me they cause excessive heat. They told me to use a single 1/0 ga for a 370 and under because that sz wire is rated for the alternator output. I'm just regurgitating what I was told. Haha

34 minutes ago, melvinhob said:

I am surprised you were able to get a alternator that big for that camry. I have a 270a from DC power on my 1994 camry with a 2.2 liter engine.

That's cause DC doesn't like to billet cases That aren't in high demand like Tahoes,Silverado,suburban etc cases....Singer and CES will....biggest DC offered was a 270 but got them to do a 320 slotwound for me back in 2011 by removing the rear mount.... Singer made me a 370 large case hairpin spacer.png

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived