CC1 crossover setting after overlap difference.

Ok trying to better understand.  I'll admit I'm not 100% sure so try to help me with this lol. Looking at most lpf filter graphs you will see to the left 0db and down and at the bottom going a cross lpf range 20 to 100hz and 80 is chosen.  Well that's setting 80hz at 0db well we set with overlap at say 10db so at that level would we need the lpf to be set much lower to counter higher frequency cut off?  I'm looking like with 10db of overlap to be correct with 80hz I would need to set around 50hz to 56hz. Idk help me understand.  Because I set with 80hz on the money with the cc1 and sounds like shit but set with 50hz and sounds amazing, has this been overlooked.

When you say overlap, are you referring to the gain setting on your amp? i.e. setting it with a -10db tone?

Or are you referring to crossovers where you want to set your sub amp such that the crossover attenuation provided is -10db at 80hz?