Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers are not as loud as before

I have an 02 trailblazer with 2 star audio vxf 12s In a ported box powered with an audio legion 3.5 k got a mechanical 270 alt with an xs power d3400 un the hood and an xp3000 in the back. When I first hooked everything up and tuned the amp the subs sounded amazing. gain about a lil over a quarter of the way up. Got an kenwood Exelon deck and a clarion eq. Been playing ot for a couple of months now and then I had my ac compressor changed out and got back in my ride and noticed that the bass on certain songs wasn't as loud as before. When I turn my system up more then I normally do it's almost as if the subs start fading out. Like dosen't get any louder. I check the voltage going to the amp and it reads 14.70 the ohms is reading 1.2 1.4 they are dual 4 ohm subs. Ground and connections all solid where the amp and the battery are in the back. I dont know what could be going on but its is definitely noticeably lower then before. Any help is greatly appreciated 

First thing i would do is make sure the electrical under the hood hasn't been messed with (battery terminals,big 3,grounds ect). 

The shop that did your a/c could have unplugged the battery which might have reset the head unit into different settings. 

Ok so I just got my truck back from the shop again and when I got home I still noticed the subs not sounding right everything else checked out that I checked before so I still didn't know what was going on. But when I got home I checked the subs and noticed one is room temp and the other is warm. Not hot but warm. Why could this be? I mean it was sounding awesome for the few months then outta no where it started to sound muffled.

Ohm it out

Depending on how you're wired, you may need to pull the subs

Also to a pop test. Touch the leads to a 9v battery. Do they both move? Same direction?

Went ahead and ordered me some more of sky high 8 guage cable to rewire the subs with just to make sure my speaker wire isn't faulty. I'll pull subs tomorrow and test them like you said snow then rewire and hook back up. Hopefully it's a minor fix 

Pulled subs put and noticed on both subs a wire was disconnected from a terminal. Breaking the link sort of when I wired them in parallel. So I'm going to run this new non corroded wire and hope that was the problem and now it will be fixed. Check the ohms on the coils and got back a 3.8 ohm reading on all the coils. They are dual 4ohm subs

Archived