Sundown Audio

Strapped amps one went into protection

rsfm089

I run 2 aq s1 2250’s strapped. Never had a problem switch vechicals and one went into protect and won’t come out other one runs fine. Why would only one go into protect and not come out of protection? And does anyone know if I can open up the amp and still return it if it wasn’t anything I did. Really want to see if anything is burnt. 

I was gonna say, make sure your master and slave switches are set proper. Maybe you swapped em, in the swap.  If not, then take all the load off the problem amp, and see if it comes out of protect. Report back, cheers and best of luck

Took the amp out waited about an hour and hooked it back up still in protect. I seen a post about a bunch of stuff to check so I did but nothing came back off. The master amp is still in the car and works. @DiBo there are both s1 2250’s? A little confused on how I would check which one is stronger?  

Yes after I waited I hooked back up in this order remote wire positive wire and last negative wire. No speakers or rcas. Give me the old right light. Does it matter how long you wait thinking about going out and try to hook it up again. I just can’t think of anything else to try. The other amp still playing and not in protect has me really confused. I would think the the master would go into protect before the slave. 

No. If its stuck, with no load, and your power ground are ok, time un hooked dont matter,... youve popped a fhet, or cap. Open it up and see. Your sending it some where for repair anyway. And if anyone gives you shit for opening it, then dont talk to them. Its broke already,... you cant break it anymore. Crack it open, and look for a black poof mark on the case/panel, and use your nose. Youll see something,.. 

It’s only two months old I don’t want soundqubed to deny me a warranty. I really do want to open it up and look. It’s funny you said about smell I’ve had my nose on it for a while now. Wife is looking at me like I am some kind of crazy person. 

I've heard of disconnecting everything from the amp and deadshorting the power + and - with a piece of wire to empty the caps. Some manufacturers recommend it , others dont. Sometimes it works,  sometimes it doesn't  

1 hour ago, rsfm089 said:

@DiBo there are both s1 2250’s? A little confused on how I would check which one is stronger?  

Just because they're the same amp doesn't mean they have the same output or clip at the same level of output. It's a Chinese amp with higher tolerance parts. Output varies from amp to amp. Like Kyblack has stated you've probably popped a cap or fried a mosfet tho... But why? 

Archived