Sundown Audio

Arc Audio 4000SE

jnasty

Hey guys I've got my amp running @ 1 ohm powering a nsv4 18. As of now I've got it set with a -10db tone with the dd1, but I'll smell coil 1/2 way through the song. Yes, it's a 4000+ watt amp.. but I highly doubt the sub is actually seeing anything over 3k & from what I've heard, the nsv4 can take that all day. Which leads me to the logical conclusion... I'm clipping still. The amp is equipped with a clipping LED on the side.. has anyone ever soldered on another LED and ran the wire to the dash.. as a real time clipping indicator? Thoughts if this would work??! Definitely don't want to smoke another expensive woofer (rip tc sounds lms ultra) 

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape

Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps

Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" 

Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE 

Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director 

Try a - 7.5 dB track. If the songs you are listening to are recorded at a higher level then you will still be clipping with your gains set properly. I had the same problem and this helped a lot. I still have some songs that I can't turn up as much before the stinky genie comes out. As I understand it those leds on the amp are measuring rail voltage and not distortion and aren't really accurate. My amp was in the red before the dd-1 registered distortion. 

Thanks guys, after reading up a whole lot, I think its a combo of things.. I've got no name batteries, they die within 2min. Going to the store today to grab some bunny's or Duracell. Maybe I'm getting false readings. Gonna try -7.5 and hopefully that'll fix my issues 

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape

Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps

Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" 

Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE 

Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director 

Archived