Second Skin Audio

anyone running 4th order c pillar in yukon xl or suburban?

Now that winters over, I have been working my truck again.(2007 yukon xl) I should say mostly fixing all the broken shit. like the rear trim above the tail lights, the rear applique that broke for 2nd time and the tv in the roof that split in half. also fixed the driver sidw window that was not working right either.

I have decided it may be a good idea to take out the no wall type ported box i have now and go with a 4th order wall behind the 2nd row of seats. this may stop the metal ripping at the pillars behind the 2nd row of seats, i believe theres to much pressure on the roof, as the 4 18s and the port are all up. anyone got a similar build in there large suv? im looking at a slide in 4th we can load with subwoofers then lift in with a fork lift, then seal it off with a beauty panel/trim.   let me know if anyone got a build log similar!!!

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

dc bass burban? is it on here? surprised not more c pillar builds. love having 4 seats and 4 18s. 

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

On 5/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, will77530 said:

Dc bass Burban 

Yup. I was gonna mention that. And he hauls toys with it to. Way cool. 

Anyone that even thinks they are into car audio, I would think has seen or heard of Blake's rig back in the day. C-pillar madness years ago built by the man. One of the best vids ever ...

Blake Hunts c-pillar burb. Held the ground and pound national record for a while. 

hell yea, im trying to do mine without removing interior trim, we are going to build the sealed bottom chamber and then the ported chamber on top with port forward, 4th order.   forklift it in then seal it off the best we can.  

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

2 hours ago, Masterbasser said:

hell yea, im trying to do mine without removing interior trim, we are going to build the sealed bottom chamber and then the ported chamber on top with port forward, 4th order.   forklift it in then seal it off the best we can.  

Sometimes shits just overbuilt. A slide in sealed off works on 10k and less IMO. 

box will be cut on a cnc,  good x bracing. currently running 4 m5s at .7 on the ported enclosure now. just tearing up the truck to much. have to get away from all the pressure on the roof. and on the rear end of the vehicle. 

seen the metal rip area get bigger after only 1 hour of demo time and only at 2/3 power. 

also throwing a 270 amp ces alternator in place of the stock alternator and going with an adjustable external regulator that can control all 4 alternators at once

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

4 hours ago, Masterbasser said:

box will be cut on a cnc,  good x bracing. currently running 4 m5s at .7 on the ported enclosure now. just tearing up the truck to much. have to get away from all the pressure on the roof. and on the rear end of the vehicle. 

seen the metal rip area get bigger after only 1 hour of demo time and only at 2/3 power. 

also throwing a 270 amp ces alternator in place of the stock alternator and going with an adjustable external regulator that can control all 4 alternators at once

4 m5's is a lot of power. Good shit. 

My current setup is a 6th order enclosure with three tens behind the third row! I am in the process of building another 6th order this time with two 15s and WAY WAY more power. Its my daily driver so I wanted everything behind the third seat. Inside an 07 Suburban LTZ by the way. 

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

XS Power D6500 up front, Mechman 270 amp alt, 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Wheels: 18 inch Balistic Jester wheels on 33 inch Nitto TG2's

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Suspension: 2/4 Belkin drop. Belkin Sway bars, Spohn Panhard bar

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

Wheels:  24 inch Luxx wheels/ 305/40 R24

Grammatically speaking, Prolly is not a word.

1 hour ago, DiBo said:

4 m5's is a lot of power. Good shit. 

yea the system is louder then hell with the no wall type setup.  no complaints here on the m5s, bulletproof as hell. 

tuned system with a smd dd-1 with 0 db overlap. i have never smelt the subs yet and playing full songs.

hoping for less damage to the truck with the new enclosure. should be louder as well.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Archived