XS Power

Wire 6yr old XP3000 with brand new XP3000's? Is this bad idea?

I'm about to swap out all my 6 year old XS Power batteries with new ones. However, after topping off my 6yr old XP3000 and leaving it in the garage disconnected, it's actually holding a stable voltage of 13.18V after 24 hours. Does mean the battery is still good?

I was thinking about tagging it along with the two new XP3000's and D2400 but I don't want it to slowly kill my new batteries. Is it a bad idea to use old an new batteries together?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Get a 12v fan, or some sort of something you can put a bit of a load on the cell. We had a d7500, that would hold VOLTAGE, but, the second we hooked up a small fan to the posts, the voltage tanked, meaning there was a dead cell in there (or two).

If it holds voltage, and can hold a load, who cares how old it is. Run it. But, i would check it before installing it. Good luck. 

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

I don't know if it's relevant for these AGM types of batteries, but you can take lead acid batteries to many auto supply stores and they have a gadget to test them under realistic load. Even walmart can do this.

Once, I thought my battery was going out and I happened to be within walking distance of a walmart. I was going to just buy a new battery on the spot, but they tested the old battery and said it was good. They printed a little slip of paper with some specs and tests the battery was capable of passing. I would bet autozone or similar could do the same. Worth calling one of them to find out.