Some input on how many more agms needed to reach what I could with a single bank of lithium

I'm on the fence of buying either more AGMs or removing all my AGMs and using a single lithium bank (albeit a LifePo4/LTO/etc. 40 ah say from JY or their new 25 ah coming out in a month or two)

I have a D5100R under my hood and a D3400 in my trunk as reserve, totalling 125 ah of AGM

I plan on running my Fi Sp4 15 on an AAK 4000.1D along a P600x4 (mids and highs). Fuse rating for these are 350 and 100 respectively. 

I have a HO mechman alternator 240 A with single dedicated pos/neg 1/0 runs to my D5100R then dual pos 1/0 runs to my rear battery. 

I also already have the XS power charger for these AGMs and like how easy they are to charge up - plug and play / no bs

How many more AGMs would I need to power this system? 

If I went the route of AGMs would I need to stay with the D3400 when adding another reserve or can I add say a D3100 or a XP3000?

For perspective; I have a DC 2k and P600x4 right now powering a pair of SA12s. My voltage rests at 14.2 (Honda ELD), normal playing stays around 14 +/- 1v / heavy demoing dips to 13.6-13.8 depending on the song. 

How are you measuring equivalency? By reserve capacity? Or voltage drop under load

Of note: If you follow the lithium route, don't run any lead/acid batts in the system.

5 minutes ago, SnowDrifter said:

How are you measuring equivalency? By reserve capacity? Or voltage drop under load

Of note: If you follow the lithium route, don't run any lead/acid batts in the system.

I'm running this in a daily so I would think I would need a little of both right? Good reserve and minimized voltage drop under load. 

Thats the plan if I go lithium, ditch the AGMs altogether. I'm just wondering about cost wise, how many AGMs  I would need to run the 4k and P600x4 amps, I figure the 40ah of lithium would be sufficient. 

tl;dr    how many Ah of AGM for a 4k amp give or take. 

You might try syncing up w/ manufacturers for their suggestions, or obtaining spec sheets for the battery. Internal resistance is the important measurement here and can be used to calculate voltage drop given a load.

I run 2 AAK-4000'S and I have 508ah of AGM and it's bot enough with a 320 amp singer alt. Running the Orion 1000.4 ( 273x4 @ 4ohm and 175x4@4ohm). Clamping around 5700+/- total. Switching to LTO. 200ah bank. Only need 80ah but I'm going big soon. 

12 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I'm on the fence of buying either more AGMs or removing all my AGMs and using a single lithium bank (albeit a LifePo4/LTO/etc. 40 ah say from JY or their new 25 ah coming out in a month or two)

I have a D5100R under my hood and a D3400 in my trunk as reserve, totalling 125 ah of AGM

I plan on running my Fi Sp4 15 on an AAK 4000.1D along a P600x4 (mids and highs). Fuse rating for these are 350 and 100 respectively. 

I have a HO mechman alternator 240 A with single dedicated pos/neg 1/0 runs to my D5100R then dual pos 1/0 runs to my rear battery. 

I also already have the XS power charger for these AGMs and like how easy they are to charge up - plug and play / no bs

How many more AGMs would I need to power this system? 

If I went the route of AGMs would I need to stay with the D3400 when adding another reserve or can I add say a D3100 or a XP3000?

For perspective; I have a DC 2k and P600x4 right now powering a pair of SA12s. My voltage rests at 14.2 (Honda ELD), normal playing stays around 14 +/- 1v / heavy demoing dips to 13.6-13.8 depending on the song. 

What the total power? What you have for electrical now? Alt wire and batteries

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

3 hours ago, BassMunky said:

What the total power? What you have for electrical now? Alt wire and batteries

about 4k plus 400 ish.

Mechman 240

D3400 and D5100R (125 ah)

1/0 ofc dual runs from front batt to rear reserve. 

Dedicated 1/0 pos and neg runs for alternator to front battery. 

Archived